These pages are aimed at giving advice to someone intending to build and use a medium/large dobsonian. It also includes some web cam images taken through this scope. If you want to contact me please use the contact form.
Below is the scope featured on this web site, Terminus Lux, official first light was on the 1st August 2003.
This scope was inspired by those seen at star parties like Loughton AS Equinox Sky Camp, and meeting other people who have made large scopes like the one below a 457mm (18″) f4.4 scope made by Tim Bance, a fellow ATM met at the 2002 Sky Camp.
Please look through the rest of this site to see how I made the scope.
- Overview of the telescope construction.
- Where the name Terminus Lux came from.
- Downloadable PDF plans for the telescope.
- Details of the secondary cage construction.
- Details of the mirror cell construction.
- Details of the mirror box construction.
- Details of the rocker box construction.
- Details of the truss tube poles and how they are mounted.
- Details of the side bearings construction
- Telescope computer control.
- The completed telescope.